Re: Use of any interface designer - is it worthy?

Yeah, I agree

The one question I have about glade / libglade is whether it handles
UIManager widgets well.

Well, what I have seen so far is that glade/libglade (at least
glade-2) doesn't handle
UIManager at all.

Does anybody have
any experience with glade and UIManager?

I use glade-2/libglade extensively, but I handle the menu/toolbars
parts by hand, using UIManager and friends.

I've found UIManager to be
really nice for constructing menus and toolbars.

That's true.

One other point to note is that the GTK+ developers plan to move
libglade into the core GTK+ library (see
http://live.gnome.org/LibgladeInGtk).  By the way, looking at the
page, they have a list of future featues which includes "Support for
building GtkUIManager based interfaces".  So it looks like I was right
that it's not currently possible to use UIManager with libglade...

Definitely .

Dodji.