Re: custom treemodel?

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 12:05 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> libardour is the backend to multiple UIs (not all of them graphical). it
> is not allowed to have a dependency on the code used by any particular
> UI implementation. i.e. its not OK for the curses implementation to have
> to link against GTK, or vice versa.

So I suggest you put a smartpointer or pointer to the data items in a
ListStore or TreeStore and just use
- cell_data_func() to show appropriate parts of the data item in
appropriate columns
- CellRenderer signals to handle user edits of the cells.

I do that in glom, for instance here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glom/glom/mode_data/dialog_layout_list.h?view=markup

In this case, you'd have no advantage by using a custom model with an
underlying std::list, compared to a regular ListStore or TreeStore.
Well, I suppose you might get some cleverness by reusing your container.

www.openismus.com