Re: custom treemodel?

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 10:41 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> the one thing that is a little unfortunate about a custom treemodel
> based on Gtk/Glib objects is that if you are strict about
> Model/View/Controller programming to the extent that you do not allow
> your Model implementation to use View-related code (e.g GTK), its not
> possible to use the treemodel for your Model data stores.

Do you have any practical reason for not wanting to use GTK+ in your
"model"? There's no part of the MVC model, as its commonly understood
that says "Your model may not depend on libraries that contain other
code that may be used to implement GUIs".

You might want this kind of model to provide different GUI
implementations on different platforms, but I think that would be a
different problem.

[snip]

www.openismus.com