Re: Custom Icon or Images on Buttons

On 5/18/06, Bill Sousan <BillS techsi com> wrote:
            What is the best way to setup an Icon or Image Pool that I can
grab custom Icon or Images from in order to place them onto Buttons?  I have
looked at themes, Stock Items, and gtkrc files.  However, I am not sure
which would be best.

You might try looking at IconFactory
(http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1IconFactory.html).
In particular, create the IconFactory and call add_default() to add
that factory to the default list of icon factories.  Then add your
custom icons to this factory (using IconFactory::add()), and you can
then use your custom icons just as you would use stock icons.

Jonner