Re: SV: SV: drawables.

On 6/27/06, Morten Bo Nielsen <morten bo nielsen topsil com> wrote:
The gtk tutorial (from
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/index.html) is
good reading, and gives the basics on gtkmm programming - based  on the
examples, I can extrapolate using the documentation of the different
widgets. But, as should be obvious, I have a hard time distinguishing
between gdk, glib, atk, pango, etc. and most of the examples I find
using google is pure C that doesn't translate easily to C++.

Do you have links to other good documentation? (beside gtkmm.org)

What sort of documentation? other gtkmm documentation?  There's not
really much besides the tutorial on the gtkmm.org website as far as
book-style documentation.  There is also the API reference of course,
which I assume you're aware of.  A lot of the documentation was
written by people like yourself who were learning to program with
gtkmm and added things that helped them understand it better.  Feel
free to offer suggestions on what could be improved in the
documentation and what sort of things you feel are missing.
You're welcome to ask questions on the list about things that don't
make sense of course.  Otherwise, I'd just suggest trying things out
by experimenting and reading other source code.  You can find a
partial list of applications using gtkmm here:
http://www.gtkmm.org/extra.shtml

--
jonner