Re: Custom Widget

> Hi, Im new at the list. this  its drive me crazy i hope any of you can
> help
> me
> I want to know if there any way to make a widget with a different shape
> than
> a rectangle. I only can change the background with a rc files, I need a
> widget with a determinate shape(i.e loaded from a pixmap), but with the
> behavior of a widget like a button or label.
> Sorry  for me bad english, i hope understend me and appreciate any hint.
> bye

You can make _windows_ with different shapes. For instance, see this example.
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtkmm/examples/window/wheelbarrow.cc?view=markup

I think that Gtk::Window::shape_combine_mask() is the interesting method
there:
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGdk_1_1Window.html#7e7ccbbb8a86215d0478b9fc041dce34
There's also a shape_combine_region().

I'm not sure about widgets with different shapes. You might try gtk-list
for that.

www.openismus.com