Custom Widget

Hi, Im new at the list. this its drive me crazy i hope any of you can help me I want to know if there any way to make a widget with a different shape than a rectangle. I only can change the background with a rc files, I need a widget with a determinate shape(i.e loaded from a pixmap), but with the behavior of a widget like a button or label.
Sorry  for me bad english, i hope understend me and appreciate any hint.