Re: AboutDialog url hook not working?

Hi,

I tried the program which you sent. Its working as expected. Info
about my environment-
Fedora Core 5
gtkmm version 2.8.3-1
I installed gtkmm using yum, an install/update program shipped with Fedora.

Ram

On 6/12/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
I don't know exactly when, but fairly recently, the website link on
the "About" dialog of my application stopped working (sometimes it
would segfault, sometimes just didn't do anything).  I haven't changed
anything in that part of the application, so I'm thinking it must have
been due to a gtkmm or gtk update from my distribution.  I'm currently
running Ubuntu dapper (gtkmm version 2.8.5-0ubuntu1).  I've also tried
building it against my jhbuild gtkmm installation, and the same thing
happens.  I haven't found an easy way of trying an earlier version.  I
haven't done any hard-core digging yet, i thought I'd check first to
see whether anybody else has noticed this.

I've attached a stripped-down example application that just shows a
dialog and registers its url handler with set_url_hook(). The url hook
is just supposed to print a message to the terminal.  On my computer,
the message never gets printed to the terminal.  I'd appreciate
knowing whether this works for others (and what version you're trying
with).  You can compile with the standard
g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-2.4` about.cc

In this test app, I don't get segfaults, but clicking the link does
nothing.  In my application, I sometimes get segfaults, but the one
big difference is that in my application, I inherit from
Gtk::AboutDialog instead of using it directly,

Alternatively, if somebody can see something that I'm doing wrong,
feel free to point it out.

Thanks,
Jonner