How to work with libglademm

Hi!!

I'm newbie in gtkmm/gnome application development and I'm working with that in my studies final project. I have to develop an application that work with some Midi libraries and other stuff. I have decided to work with gtkmm and libglademm to load the UI that I make with glade-2. I want some examples that works like that. What is the rigth way to do this? I'd thought to make a class that had all the pointers to the widgets and to work with that, or is better to make different classes (for the differenst parts of the UI) that receive the pointer Glib::RefPtr of the class mainWindow.cc to reference the differents widgets?
Other question is about how to integrate external libraries with the autotools stuff.
I need some examples that help me.

Thanks.

Javi Aránega
U. de Alicante