More Recent files questions

I'm working on Recent Files documentation.  There's a RecentFilter
member function in GTK+ that's not wrapped:
gtk_recent_filter_filter().  The GTK+ documentation says that this
function is only really used in the implementation of GtkRecentChooser
and friends, so I assume that this is why the function was not
wrapped.

However, I'm thinking of a situation where you get a list of
recently-used items from RecentManager::get_items() and you want to
filter these (i.e. without going through the default chooser widgets).
Wouldn't Gtk::RecentFilter::filter() be useful in this case?

The only problem is that I'm not sure if the underlying GTK+ machinery
works well for this case (maybe it wasn't intended to) because
gtk_recent_filter_filter() takes a GtkRecentFilterInfo object, and I'm
not sure how you would go about converting a GtkRecentInfo object (the
type returned from get_items()) to a GtkRecentFilterInfo object
without a bunch of tedious copying between the two.

Is this a valid use-case?  should I ask the GTK+ developers?
--
jonner