API question about RecentManager

I've got a question about the new RecentManager API.  In the past,
many classes have used function overloading where GTK+ had to resort
to different function names because they had two similar functions
that took slightly different arguments.  However, I noticed that
RecentManager has the following API:
bool 	add_full (const Glib::ustring& uri, const Data& recent_data)
bool 	add_item (const Glib::ustring& uri)

Is there any reason that we couldn't just name them both add_item?  I
think I prefer function overloading instead of different function
names here.  Anyone else?

--
jonner