Re: Installing gtk/gtkmm on Linux

On 7/18/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 13:04 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> This is the reason I suggested jhbuild.  It handles installing almost
> all of the dependencies and it will set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variables for you as well (when you're
> within the `jhbuild shell` environment).

jhbuild is fine for development and experimenting, but for a real
deployment he really should upgrade his distro properly.

Sometimes it's difficult (often for non-technical reasons) to upgrade
or switch Linux distros.  If you're doing any government work, they'll
mandate certain things.   In that type of a controlled environment,
it's also pretty unlikely that you'll be able to download and use
jhbuild.

Joe