Removing (yes) unloved API/ABI from gnome-vfsmm

Since gnome-vfs removed some functions [1], gnome-vfsmm is pretty much
forced to remove the API that wraps these functions. I hate to break
ABI, but I really doubt that anybody is using this part of gnome-vfsmm,
and I think people will thank us for not depending on bonobo.

But this is me asking for GNOME release-team permission retrospectively.
Any objections?

Here is the ChangeLog entry:

2006-07-13  Murray Cumming  <murrayc murrayc com>

        * libgnomevfs/libgnomevfsmm/mime-handlers.cc:
        * libgnomevfs/libgnomevfsmm/mime-handlers.h: Removed
        get_default_component(), get_short_list_components(),
        get_all_components(), id_in_component_list(), and
        id_list_from_component_list() because the underlying
        functions have been removed from gnome-vfs. This _is_
        an ABI break, but we are taking this extraordinary step
        because it is very unlikely that anyone is using these
        methods, and in order to remove the dependency on Bonobo.
        get_default_component() was actually never implemented
        so it cannot have been used.
        If you really need to use these methods, you should use
        the underlying C functions, which have been moved to
        libbonobo.

1. Well, moved them into libbonobo with the dodgy excuse that anybody
who uses it would already be using libbonobo, so they wouldn't notice
anything. We noticed, however.

www.openismus.com