Re: Problems with glibmm FTP tarballs on MinGW/win32

> To sum up for glibmm maintainers: at least the glibmm 2.6 [1] tarballs
> have a
> strange content making them twice as big as necessary and causing a
> SIGPIPE on
> Windows platform. The extracted files are however fine.
>
> The suggested course of action is to repackage the tarball, as suggested
> by
> Ross below.

I'm not convinced that there's anything wrong with the tarballs, and I
don't know what we should do differently to make them work for you. Could
you check the glibmm and gtkmm 2.8 ones to see whether it's a one-off
thing?

I have CCed the gtkmm win32 port maintainer - Cedric Gustin. I'd expect
him to see this problem too.

I know that we don't use the default tarball format, because that can't
support long enough filenames:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=160244

You will always get a better response on a mailing list than from me
personally.

www.openismus.com