Building a Library (Code, not Books) Of Classes

Here is a basic question for you all.

Let's say I create a class for my menu bar widget

class my_new_menu_widget : public Gtkmm::Menu
{
  // Do stuff
}

Can I take this and turn it into a library?  I've googled for making
libraries in C++ but I don't find anything.  I do find a few things
about dynamic open libraries or something, but that seems a little
advanced for me right now.  But it looks like it is possible.

If I am able to make the above into it's own library, would it be as
simple to use it in my main program just by using a

#include <mymenulibrary.h>?

Thanks for you assistance!
--

Jason A. Smith