Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence ......)

On 2006-01-18 (wed), at 14:04:33 "MERT TUGCU" wrote:

> I read both Gtk+ and Gtkmm FAQ before. I saw that you have to surround your
> calls with gdk_threads_enter/leave() pair if you want to call Gtk+/Gtkmm
> from a separate thread. I tried this and also I've added
> Glib::threads_init() at the beginning of  my main.cpp. I am still getting
> Xlib: unexpected async reply error. When I resize my window or capture an
> image, I get this error. I used scale_simple() function to scale both my
> video and my captured images. What would I be doing wrong here? I really
> need to find a solution for this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thank you for your time again.
Are you using some core Xlibs functions live XNextEvent() etc.. ? If you are
processing Xevents on your own, You have to use XPutBackEvent(). I remember
that I had some problems with this in one of my programs.

If you are not using this please prepare some simple example causing this
problems, and maybe someone could find some solution.

--
Cheers.