Re: Gtk::Box::pack_* members

Scribit Bob Caryl dies 25/01/2006 hora 10:33:
> I do not understand why this is so hard to understand.

Of course, I was able to predict that SSS will produce 123 and EEE 321,
but the combination of packing in start and end are far from obvious!

The difficulty comes from the fact that the box inserts from start to
end completely independently from what has been packed from end to
start.

The documentation of the box should just contain the fact that the last
element packed from end is displayed just after the last element packed
from start.

Now that I have understood what is packing, it's totally crystal clear
to me and perfectly logical. But I suspect any Gtk beginner that has
never seen such a way to add elements to a container will be puzzled.
This is especially a problem in a tutorial, because the source code in
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/examples/book/buttons/radiobutton/
is not as thoroughly commented as previous ones (i.e. line by line, with
everything explained).

I attach a patch for the code example that tries to use few as possible
things that have not been seen at this moment of the tutorial, and
explains a bit further what is done and why. The second patch goes just
one step further in removing unnecessary new stuff.

Pedagogically,
Nowhere man
--
nowhere man levallois eu org