Re: Gtk::Box::pack_* members

I do not understand why this is so hard to understand.

Gtk::Box::pack_start begins inserting widgets into the box from the left in the order in which they are packed. Hence using pack start with widgets 1,2, and 3 will end up with them displayed from left to right in that order.

1 2 3

Gtk::Box::pack_end begins inserting widgets from right to left in the order in which they are packed. Hence using pack_end with widgets 1, 2, and 3 will end up with them displayed from right to left in that order, i.e.
3 2 1

Bob Caryl

Pierre THIERRY wrote:

I've got a problem with the boxes: they have two members pack_start()
and pack_end(). I'll use S to express pack_start and E for pack_end. I
pack 1, 2 and 3:

- SSS and SSE have the same result: 123
- SEE gives 132
- SES gives 132
- ESE gives 231
- ...

The thing is, I had to try SSS, SSE, SEE and SES to be able to predict
the order of the following combinations...

IIUC, the box sort of has a queue and a stack, pack_start is queue.push
and pack_end is stack.push. Then, to view the box, it pops everything
from the queue and then pops everything from the stack... Is it correct?

Confusingly,
Nowhere man

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE