Gtk::TreeView::set_cursor

hello,

I have a TreeView widget, which rows can be selected in BROWSE mode with the
mouse. On entering some data in the first column I want to change the
focus to the
second one by executing set_cursor and grab_focus members in the signal_edited
callback of the first column.
everything works fine when I'm operating with the keyboard.
when I change focus with the mouse the signal_edited callback is still
executed and
it appears as ob the program tries to set focus to two distinct
rows/columns at the
same time - the one selected by the mouse and the one set by the set_cursor
command. The following error occurs:

(osprey:6892): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_tree_view_column_start_editing:
assertion `tree_column->editable_widget == NULL' failed

somethimes followed by:

(osprey:6892): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1788: instance
`0x82eaf78' has no handler with id `567'

does someone has an idea of how to handle this situation.

any help will be appreciated