Re: MDI, is it possible???

I've been following this thread, and it seems to me that you could create all the possible widgets that you would display under all possibilities (menu selections), but just not show the widgets until they are activated by the menu item. Naturally, widgets that were previously shown would be hidden when a different menu selection was made to show other widgets.

I use screens in my applications that have a record browsing mode and a record editing mode. When in browsing mode, I de-sensitize all my editing widgets, but I could just as easily hide them instead.

Just a thought, but you could try it out and see what happens.

Bob

N poleone wrote:

Hi,
I used to work with VB. Now I'm working with Glade and gtkmm for C++
bindings... I would develop a MDI application, that is a main window
with menus and, below the menus, the content (widgets) must change
depending of the menu clicked... Sometimes i've to show a (or 2-3)
widget (on the entire screen), sometimes other widgets... is it possible
at design time? Or i've to remove the old widget and create and add the
new ones only at runtime???
--
Ciao da
N poleone (ICQ# 266220356; MSN Messenger: napoleone1981 yahoo it)

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE