MDI, is it possible???

Hi,
I used to work with VB. Now I'm working with Glade and gtkmm for C++
bindings... I would develop a MDI application, that is a main window
with menus and, below the menus, the content (widgets) must change
depending of the menu clicked... Sometimes i've to show a (or 2-3)
widget (on the entire screen), sometimes other widgets... is it possible
at design time? Or i've to remove the old widget and create and add the
new ones only at runtime???
--
Ciao da
N poleone (ICQ# 266220356; MSN Messenger: napoleone1981 yahoo it)