AW: Is Disptacher-functionality Gtkmm only?

Hi!

> On Saturday 31 December 2005 15:51, Daniel Kraft wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > My system seems to have some problems with idle signals and the Dispatcher
> > class (as I priviously posted); therefore I used pure GTK+ for idle
> > signals, and it worked.
> >
> > Now I wanted to try the same for Dispatcher, but I couldn't find the GTK+
> > equivalent! Is that a Gtkmm-added feature? If so, has anyone an idea how to
> > do the same in GTK+ (although this is the wrong mailing list)?
>
> Glib::Dispatcher doesn't use idle signals.  It uses a pipe to communicate
> between threads.  It is specific to glibmm (it does not have an equivalent in
> glib), but you can easily make your own with a pipe and a GIOChannel object.
> If you have a problem with Glib::Dispatcher, it is almost certainly a coding
> error in your code and not a problem with either glibmm or your "system".

My original problem was really that my Gtkmm-installation didn't work correctly
(as I use Cygwin, which seems to be a bit unusual system) - even the Dispatcher
examples were broken.

Thank you for your solution! I think this should work for me.

Yours,
Daniel Kraft