Re: Is Disptacher-functionality Gtkmm only?

I yet found another workaround. As I needed Dispatcher for repainting while
playing back a video in another thread, which has to be done very often, I can
also use an idle signal to do repainting. This is not perfectly what I need but
it works quite well.

But now I'll take a look at those classes suggested, thank you again!

Yours,
Daniel

> > My original problem was really that my Gtkmm-installation didn't work
> > correctly (as I use Cygwin, which seems to be a bit unusual system) - even
> > the Dispatcher examples were broken.
> >
> > Thank you for your solution! I think this should work for me.
>
> Oh, I see.  If you want a glib-based (not glibmm) C++ solution you could try:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/notifier.h?rev
=1.6

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/notifier.cpp?r
ev=1.4

> And to make sense of the code you would also need this pipe wrapper (but you
> could easily modify the code not to use the wrapper):

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/pipes.h?rev=1.
5

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/pipes.cpp?rev=
1.2

> and also, unless you were to modify the code to use a GIOChannel object rather
> than a slightly lower overhead custom GSource object, these:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/io_watch.h?rev
=1.3

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/efax-gtk/efax-gtk/src/utils/io_watch.cpp?r
ev=1.2