Help with Gtk::MessageDialog

I have a class that derives from 'Gtk::MessageDialog', the dialog box displays the some text and a 'Exit Button'. To close the window I am using the 'X' at the top right corner of the dialog box, but I would like the close the dialog box using the 'Exit Button', however, it does not work because I don't have a the variable name assigned to the 'Exit Button' and thus I am unable to catch the signal sent by the 'Exit Button'.
Can someone please tell me how to go about catching the signal sent by the the exit button?

T.I.A.