Re: Gtk::TreeView

Vladimir,

Well, there's no error on linux.  You might want to try compiling
gtkmm for windows or get a distribution that has debugging symbols in
it.

Paul

On 12/18/06, Vladimir Đokić <v djokic gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Just ran your code Paul (just test.cc), and still the same error when
deleting mWindow (_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse);).

Thank you for all your help,

Vladimir.

 On 12/18/06, Paul Davis <pjdavis engineering uiowa edu> wrote:
> Vladimir,
>
> I've attached two files. They're both essentially the same thing that
> you pasted, but changed a bit to make them compile without the rest of
> your code.
>
> Try compiling and running them and let me know if they produce the
> errors you're getting with your code.
>
> better.cc is the same program implemented slightly differently using
> stack allocation and inheritance. Both being 'Good Things (TM)' in
> this case.
>
> Paul
>
> On 12/18/06, Vladimir Đokić <v djokic gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here's the code snip (from various files):
> >
> > int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> > {
> >     Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);
> >
> >     u1::Editor* editor = new u1::Editor();
> >     editor->Init();
> >
> >     Gtk::Main::run(editor->GetWindow());
> >
> >     delete editor;
> >
> >     return 0;
> > }
> >
> > class Editor
> > {
> > public:
> >     Editor()
> >         : mWindow(NULL)
> >     { /* void */ }
> >
> >     ~Editor()
> >     { delete mWindow; }
> >
> >      void Init()
> >     {
> >
> >         Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml> xml =
> > Gnome::Glade::Xml::create("Ui/u1Editor.glade");
> >         xml->get_widget("u1Window", mWindow);

> >         Gtk::TreeView* tree_view = NULL;
> >         xml->get_widget("u1TreeView", tree_view);
> >
> >         mTreeModel =
Gtk::TreeStore::create(mTreeColumns);
> >         tree_view->set_model(mTreeModel);
> >
> >         Gtk::TreeModel::Row row = *(mTreeModel->append());
> >         row[mTreeColumns.mNodeName] = "Root";
> >
> >         tree_view.append_column("Nodes",
> > mTreeColumns.mNodeName );
> >     }
> >
> > private:
> >     void OnQuit() // <-- executed from menu bar
> >     {
> >         Gtk::Main::quit();
> >     }
> >
> >     class TreeColumns : public Gtk::TreeModel::ColumnRecord
> >     {
> >      public:
> >
> >     ModelColumns()
> >     { add(mNodeName); }
> >
> >         Gtk::TreeModelColumn<Glib::ustring> mNodeName;
> >     };
> >
> >     TreeColumn mTreeColumns;
> >     Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TreeStore> mTreeModel;
> >
> >     Gtk::Window*   mWindow;
> >
> > };
> >

> > Hope this will make more sense,
> >
> > Vladimir.
> >

> > On 12/18/06, Vladimir Đokić <v djokic gmail com > wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, since I'm using binary distribution of gtkmm, I'm
unable to
> > step into destruction of Gtk::Window. I've just noticed that I'm using
> > Multithreaded Debug DLL (and don't know how gtkmm on windows was built),
so
> > I'll try changing these values... I'll post code later, when I get home
> > (thought the code follows documentation and examples).
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Vladimir.

Studio,

> > valid