Re: static executable

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Davis <pjdavis engineering uiowa edu>
Date: Dec 11, 2006 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: static executable
To: "Amadeus W. M." <amadeus84 verizon net>

Amadeus,

http://www.trilithium.com/johan/2005/06/static-libstdc/

Not really and answer but this is interesting reading.

Paul

On 12/11/06, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84 verizon net> wrote:
I know the question of creating a static executable is a FAQ, but I can't
link statically for the life of me.

I did

./configure --enable-static

make

as per the FAQ. No go. I also added -static in Makefile.am I also set
CXXFLAGS="-g -static" (then ./configure), no go. In each case the file
command says the executable is dynamically linked:

file myprog
myprog: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux
2.6.9, not stripped

What am I missing?