question on Gtk::Bin

I'm often in the situation to add a single widget to a containter of type Gtk::Bin (mostly frames). Because I can't modify the way the widget is packed into the container with add(...) I normaly add a Gtk::(H/V)Box first, and then into this box the widget i would have normally inserted directly. An example:

frame.add(hbox);
hbox.pack_start(some_widget, PACK_EXPAND_PADDING);

While this approach works fine, i'm woundering if there may be a more elegant solution ...
Matthias Langer