RE: Vector Graphics

> I have started a new project to build a vector graphics drawing
application, only basic functionality is needed, pen / lines, bezier curves,
basic shapes, stroke / fill colour options.

> after numerous hours searching for a good drawing api, I found quite a few
references to this, primarily from inkscape.

> I was wondering If anyone could help me with a quick answer as to whether
or not gtkmm is a good platform for such an application and any big
implications / limitations of using it, I have experience with openGl
however I would like something a little higher level, and more suited
towards drawing 2d vector graphics

I think you should be able to use Cairo from freedesktop.org, along with
gtkmm. Gtkmm is a C++ wrapper around the object oriented, but C based, GTK+
tool kit, and as such, there may or may not be a cairomm.

In either case, Cairo is probably just the sort of thing you are looking for
and will play nicely with GTK+/gtkmm.

Gaz