Vector Graphics

Hey

I have started a new project to build a vector graphics drawing application, only basic functionality is needed, pen / lines, bezier curves, basic shapes, stroke / fill colour options.

after numerous hours searching for a good drawing api, I found quite a few references to this, primarily from inkscape.

I was wondering If anyone could help me with a quick answer as to whether or not gtkmm is a good platform for such an application and any big implications / limitations of using it, I have experience with openGl however I would like something a little higher level, and more suited towards drawing 2d vector graphics

Thanks

Dale