Re: Equivalent to gtk_drag_get_source_widget()?

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 17:31 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> the treeview defines itself as a drag source only for "same widget" DnD.
> if you do not take several complex steps to alter this, you cannot drag
> out of the treeview. that's mostly because the only target the treeview
> accepts/sends by default is a string representation of the path within
> an unnamed treemodel. its so unutterably braindead as to be
> unbearable :)
>
> fortunately, you can hack around it, although it took me the better part
> of a day to work out all the wrinkles.

I don't really understand the issue here, but I'm not following this
thread in depth. I can imagine that treeview-row dragging by default
might not be appropriate because there might not be any default drop
operation that's appropriate. I mean, copying a row has different
meanings for different trees.

Anyway, GTK+'s bugzilla is probably the best place if you can explain
the problem concisely. Thanks.

> the examples in the docs (GTK + gtkmm) only cover extending the targets
> the treeview can accept as a drop destination, not extending the targets
> it can generate as the drag source.

As always, improved examples are welcome in gtkmm.

www.openismus.com