Re: Question

> Did you run gnome-settings-daemon  ?
>
> Here is a suggestion to GTK people.
> If gnome-settings-daemon is not running, why doesn't GTK execute one
> automatically?
>

> Edward

gnome-settings-daemon is probably not being run because you didn't
write a GNOME application, you wrote a gtkmm application.   Just
because somebody writes an application in GTK doesn't necessarily mean
they want all of the GNOME-related stuff to be started as well.  If
you do want your application to use GNOME settings, most likely you'll
need to use gnomemm classes or something similar to gnome_init()
(http://gul.ime.usp.br/Docs/docs/gnome/API/libgnomeui/gnomeui-gnome-init.html#GNOME-INIT)
from libgnomeui. But then your app will only be able to run if all of
the GNOME libraries are installed as well.  I don't know a lot about
the GNOME-specific functions and libraries, so I'm not sure of the
exact interfaces you need to use, somebody else may be able to tell
you more (I believe there's also a gnomemm list?)