Re: Cross-Platform GUI

>Overall, I think gtkmm would be a good choice.
>wxWidgets and FLTK are quite cumbersome, and they
>don't offer you the flexibility that is found in gtkmm
>and/or C++.

there is one important consideration that nobody has mentioned so far.
portability to Aqua rather than X11.app on OS X. GTK has seen two
efforts to port it to Aqua, using different approaches. Both projects
appear to be essentially dead. This means that you cannot use GTK (and
by implication, gtkmm) to write native apps for OS X - your users are
forced to use X11.app and your applications will have X-styled
appearances, not Aqua-like ones.

several people have offered to invest some amounts of money in my
digital audio workstation software "ardour" to do a native OS X port,
and i have told them "find someone you can pay to port GDK to Aqua -
this will benefit a large number of applications rather than just
ardour". unfortunately, nobody has taken the suggestion up, and the
projects remain silent and stationary AFAICT.

by contrast, wxWidgets is native on Aqua.

--p