gtkmm 2.2 Not Recognizing Certain Key Presses

Hello,

I am developing a program using the gtkmm 2.2 API (using the older version due to some requirements)

Anyway I am encountering two different problems. The first is that I cannot get the key press handler to recognize keys such as control, alt, enter, space, as well as the arrow keys.

To illustrate the second problem I will give an example, If i were to press 'a', I will get the appropriate 'a' response. If i hold it down then press 'b', hold it, it recognizes and performs the 'b' response. If i then stop holding down 'b', it doesnt recognize that I am still holding down 'a'.

I am using the following line of code to connect to the interrupt.
Where Win is a Gtk::Window, and canvas is a derived class from Gtk::DrawingArea.

Win.signal_key_press_event().connect(SigC::slot(MyCanvas,&Canvas::KeyPressHandler));

Anyway, any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David Hansen

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.