Re: TreeModel selected row number

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 08:11 -0700, John Taber wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 March 2005 03:41, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Yes, I think it's that difficult. But the row number should not be
> > useful anyway, because the TreeModel is iterator based. It's the same as
> > wanting to get the numerical index of a std::list.
>
> It is actually very useful if the tree is being used as any sort of list box.

I don't understand. You have a list of colors, for example. You can find
out what color has been selected. Why do you need to know what
alphabetical sort position the color had in a list?

> And almost any gui toolkit I think of gives a row index in a list box

Because they don't use iterators or paths. These have real advantages.
It's the same reason that std::list<> does not use a numeric index.

www.openismus.com