Re: General info about C++ dev. with gtkmm

Ugh. I confused Glademm with libglademm. Please ignore the message, my
post was about the latter, so I completely missed the point of your
message.

-Samuel

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 23:08 +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 22:42 +0100, Marko wrote:
> > I know about glademm, I installed it and I've played a bit with Glade -
> > it generates code, ok. But is this code "gtkmm-compatible"? Are glademm
> > and libglade actually two separate ways of doing the same? Is it
> > possible to draw the UI in Glade, and have a project in Anjuta where I'd write
> > everything else using gtkmm 2.4?
>
> Glademm is a library that generates the GTK/GNOME widgets from Glade's
> XML files. Glademm generates gtkmm widgets, so yes, it is of course
> compatible.
>
> A simple example is here:
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnomemm/libglademm/examples/basic/
>
> >  In short, what I want is a as much as
> > possible-integrated set of tools which let me draw the UI, specify the
> > properties, callbacks etc and have the code for this generated for me.
>
> Don't generate code. In fact, IIRC there are plans to remove the
> possibility to generate code from Glade entirely. glademm is the
> recommended way to do this.
>
> -Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |