General info about C++ dev. with gtkmm

Hello,
For a while I've been planning to start programming for GNOME/GTK
in C++, but I have to admit that all the widget competetion (gtk(mm),
wxWindows, Qt/KDE, FLTK) in Linux generally and GNOME's strong bond
to C (meaning, no true OOP) in particular are a bit distracting.
Another issue which kept me back (still does, sort of; I hope I will
get an encouraging and inspirational reply or two :)) is that, although
Anjuta is a fine IDE, it supports only gtkmm 2.0. I guess I could
install
the older version of gtkmm lib and all the rest, but is it reasonable
for example to expect that somebody else who wants to use my program is
going to install an old version of additionall library?
Personally, I'm used to windows IDEs and I think that that's not a bad
thing - I don't really want to write UI code by hand.
I know about glademm, I installed it and I've played a bit with Glade -
it generates code, ok. But is this code "gtkmm-compatible"? Are glademm
and libglade actually two separate ways of doing the same? Is it
possible
to draw the UI in Glade, and have a project in Anjuta where I'd write
everything else using gtkmm 2.4? In short, what I want is a as much as
possible-integrated set of tools which let me draw the UI, specify the
properties, callbacks etc and have the code for this generated for me.
>From what I've concluded so far, if Anjuta supported ver. 2.4 everything
would've been perfect, but since it doesn't, can you give me some
pointers
about what are my options?
Has anyone made a pdf version of gtkmm documentation?

Marko