Re: General info about C++ dev. with gtkmm

Marko wrote:

GNOME's strong bond
to C (meaning, no true OOP) in particular are a bit distracting.
Gtk+ is written in C ok, but it has a very object orientated model/framework. Like it is possible to write non OO code in C++, it is possible to write OO in C (or even Asm), too. OO is a way of modeling you code, and some languages support this way of modeling, but it will always be possible to write OO code in any language with or without this support.

The first C++ impl. generated C (cfront as far as I remember) :-)

I know about glademm, I installed it and I've played a bit with Glade -
it generates code, ok. But is this code "gtkmm-compatible"? Are glademm
and libglade actually two separate ways of doing the same?
There are two options 1. code generated in gtkmm, and 2. an xml file that you can load in gtkmm (or plain gtk+).

The first way demands you to recompile on every glade change, and the other work more and less like windows resource files, as you load the file and "connect" it to some internal logic.

Hope this helped.

/BL