Re: Problem with locale

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Andrew E. Makeev writes:
> - once our program is trying to copy data using Gtk::Clipboard, the > LOCALE is dropped from "ru_RU" to "C" and all stock-items have their > labels changed from russian to english (probably, default) translation.

Hmm, exactly what do you mean?
I had a task - allow user to copy data from Gtk::TreeView to MS-Excel form on Win32 platform. I have used Gtk::Clipboard::get( GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD ), and put data with set_text() into. My friend told me that when he has been using clipboard operation activator (Ctrl+C or MB1 double click - hard coded in our app), then all stock labels in our application (menu items and buttons) have been changed their translation from russian to english.

> If no one has met this issue before, let me know, please, I am going to > write simple test case and submit a bug then.

Please do that (and if possible in plain C, not C++).

--tml

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce behavior (I've described above) with plain C test case. Probably, It's problem with something else but GtkClipboard neither GTK+ at all.
I will let you know, if I will find any issue related to GTK+.

Regards,
-andrew