Re: Drawing antialiased shapes with alpha transparency

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 23:33:39 +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 23:06 +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > well, with a clever rowstride you can solve this.
>
> Yes, you are right, this works like a charm. The idea passed my mind,
> but obviously I dismissed it too early.
>
> It's reasonably fast already, no flicker in my simple test cases. Great.
> (If someone comes up with a solution to do this with no copies at all,
> I'd still be happy, of course ;) )

You should know, that such solution does not exist. The buffer is in
application's memory, but the window is in memory of X-server. So there
has to be a copy and that copy is inter-process.
(The copy can be optimized using shared memory down in xlib, but can't
be avoided).

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>