Re: gtkmm win32 dependencies

Cedric Gustin wrote:

Well, the requirements for gtkmm are limited to the dlls you find in the bin directory. It is just as simple as that. This is more complicated for GTK+: you need the dlls + some files under the etc and lib directories (the lib/locale, etc/gtk-2.0 and etc/pango at least).

That's why I recommend you an intermediate solution : ask your users to install the GTK+ runtime from gladewin32 (or call the GTK+ installer automatically from your application setup.exe) and bundle the gtkmm DLLs into your application distribution.

The goal is to avoid DLL hell and conflicting GTK+ installations as much as possible.

Thanks for you explanation.
I'll just leave it as it is... the user hast to insatll GTK+ and gtkmm.
I have no setup.exe for this application, because I have no real
development machine for win32, so no chance to create it.

Daniel Albuschat