Re: gtkmm win32 dependencies

Daniel Albuschat wrote:
Hi,

  I've sucessfully built my gtkmm application under win32, using
the gtkmm-win32 installer (dev version) from http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
with nearly zero effort.
However, I'd like to provide a packaged bundle for my application
with all necessary GTK stuff in place. I tried to install
the gtk+ and gtkmm runtime libs without setting the environment variables, then start the aplication and for every missing .dll it reports, copy the appropriate file from the GTK installation
to the program path.

Well, the requirements for gtkmm are limited to the dlls you find in the bin directory. It is just as simple as that. This is more complicated for GTK+: you need the dlls + some files under the etc and lib directories (the lib/locale, etc/gtk-2.0 and etc/pango at least).

That's why I recommend you an intermediate solution : ask your users to install the GTK+ runtime from gladewin32 (or call the GTK+ installer automatically from your application setup.exe) and bundle the gtkmm DLLs into your application distribution.

The goal is to avoid DLL hell and conflicting GTK+ installations as much as possible.

Cedric