Re: Trouble using DrawingArea for the first time

Ney André de Mello Zunino wrote:

[...]

The message indicates that the graphics context handler is null, but I am initializing it exactly like it is done in the example, i.e., in the on_realize() overriden method.

Gdk-CRITICAL **:
file gdkdraw.c: line 370 (gdk_draw_line): assertion `gc != NULL' failed

[...]

Some testing revealed that the problem is ocurring because the on_realize() protected member override is not getting called and, therefore, the GC is not being created. So the issue boils down to knowing why on_realize() is not getting called in my Gtk::DrawingArea derived widget. Has it anything to do with the fact that I am using libglademm and its get_widget_derived() function? If so, what's the workaround?

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino