Re: #define weirdness

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:07 +0100, Bart Verstraete wrote:
> did I fell asleep during lessons or what?? If I do "#define BLABLA" you
> can do in other source files "#ifdef BLABLA"(with a #endif ofcourse) and
> it will return true, right? Well in my code it return only true in the
> source file where its defined.

The compiler compiles the source files to object files one at a time
(normally). It does not remember preprocessor variables between
compilations. #define statements are usually placed in header files
(*.h) that are included by your source files, and thus compiled when the
source file is compiled.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php