Re: gtkmm capabilities

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 15:10 +0100, Roel Vanhout wrote:
[snip]
> Anyway, a wiki-ish documentation annotation system like PHP has would be
> great for gtkmm documentation. There is software to do that available on
> http://webnotes.futureware.biz/. I'm not sure how hard it would be to
> adapt it to make it work with the gtkmm doxygen/docbook-generated pages.

I'd be happy to have this kind of thing if someone can make it work.
I can imagine the following problems:
- Changes to the generated documentation on the webs site could conflict
with changes/updates to the original. These must be dealt with somehow.
- Changes to the generated documentation might have to be rewritten as
changes to the source. It would be nice if the system allowed people to
change a copy of the source online and then regenerated the
documentation.

I heard that mono/gtk# had a system that did something similar, but I
can't find it now.

It would be best to try this on some external website at first. I can
help with hosting if someone wants to try.

www.openismus.com