Re: compiling pixbufs into an executable

Thanks everyone!  This will relieve me of a big headache.

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 09:56, Frank Naumann wrote:
Hello!

> One of the things that I used to do in windows was include small images
> into the executable as resources to avoid having to make sure all the
> little files were included in the distribution.
>
> So far, I have not found anything in the gtkmm world that is analoguous
> to this practice.  Is there any way to do this?

Yes, very easy. Just convert your pics into xpm format (static C data;
can be done for example with the netpbm package). Include this in your
source and use the right create_from_xpm_data() constructor.

Regards,
Frank
Robert L. Caryl Jr.
Fiscal Systems Inc.
102 Commerce Circle
Madison  AL 35758

256.772.8920 ext. 108 -- Office
256.527.7855 -- Cell

This email message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely on this message or attachment in any way. If you received this email message in error, please return by forwarding the message and its attachment to the sender and then delete the message and its attachment from your computer.  Fiscal Systems, Inc. and its affiliates do not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.