NULL ptr semantic in wrapped methods

Hello!

As I'm looking a little bit on C gtk examples too I discovered that some gtk calls explicitly allow NULL pointers for some arguments. In this case defaults are used by gtk.

But I can't find counterparts in the C++ wrapped methods. They use references and thus strictly require an argument even if it's not necessary. I saw this for example on Gdk::Window::invalidate_rect (rect argument) and Gtk::Style::paint_layout (area argument). I'm sure there are some more too.

Is this a bug and should be reported or do I oversee something?

Regards,
Frank