compiling pixbufs into an executable

Greetings everyone,

I am on old Win32 MFC programmer who has been tasked with porting one of
my companys products to Linux.

One of the things that I used to do in windows was include small images
into the executable as resources to avoid having to make sure all the
little files were included in the distribution.

So far, I have not found anything in the gtkmm world that is analoguous
to this practice.  Is there any way to do this?

Just a link to a page that illustrates it is all I need.

Thanks!

Bob Caryl