Re: compiling pixbufs into an executable

Heh funny, that was one of the first things I wondered when I went the other way (Linux -> MFC) :)

I think what you want is xpm (http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/xpm.html, but google for more links). I've only used it to display bitmaps though, I'm not sure but I think one could use it for icons as well. Cursors will be harder, I think it has not been long since it became possible to use other cursors than the stock X cursors so I don't know how to do it and if there are libraries that will allow one to read cursors from xpm's. There is no such thing as 'string table' support on Linux. (there are libraries of course that provide the same sort of functionality).

Oh and you can create xpm's with Gimp for example, but I think all Unix graphics packages have some form of support for it. Your Linux distribution probably provides some command-line utilities to convert gif's and png's to xpm.

Hope that helps.

cheers,

roel

Bob Caryl wrote:
Greetings everyone,

I am on old Win32 MFC programmer who has been tasked with porting one of
my companys products to Linux.

One of the things that I used to do in windows was include small images
into the executable as resources to avoid having to make sure all the
little files were included in the distribution.

So far, I have not found anything in the gtkmm world that is analoguous
to this practice.  Is there any way to do this?

Just a link to a page that illustrates it is all I need.

Thanks!

Bob Caryl