Re: gtk+ and MS Windows

Timothy M. Shead wrote:

Seems as if your man Michael Tschater makes the usual proprietary software mistake of conflating software development with software distribution. I agree that Tol's Win32 GTK+ pages are pretty unprofessional, but he isn't distributing the software, he's a developer. Guys like Cedric Gustin are doing a bang-up job of packaging gtk+ and gtkmm for distribution - you will find that their installers are as professional, straightforward, and easy to use as anything you're likely to find on Win32.

Actually, I'm not distributing GTK+, only gtkmm. The GTK+ installer I recommend is the work of Ivan Wong, from the gladewin32 project.

By the way, for developers interested in the upcoming gtkmm 2.6, I have updated my (unstable) installer to gtkmm-2.5.5 CVS. It also support MSVC.Net 2003 (with some restrictions outlined in bug #158040).

Cedric