Re: becoming root...

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 09:10 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 00:19 +0100, B.Hakvoort wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > What is the best way to let a user become root in a graphical way? I'd
> > like to present the user with a password entry and after entering the
> > correct rootpassword the user gets rootpriviledges.
>
> That's a difficult question, partly because of the different ways that
> linux distributions work.

Hmmz, after reading some of the discussions about this subject i start
to realize this isn't as easy as it seems. I was merely thinking along
the lines of a scriptable 'su' :)

Of course i could use libgnomesu, but this would add another dependancy
to my application which is a bit overkill imho.

I think i'll drop it for now and later on when i've got some more time
i'll try to write my own 'su-wrapper' or something.

Anyway, thanks for the answer and if anyone has something to add..
please feel free :)